Eli is one of the youngest members of the Earth To Body family and an avid surfer, cook and fan of our products. He loves the idea of 'feeding the skin' good nutrition. As Eli’s dream is to be the best ‘chef’ ever, we asked him to choose one of his favourite foods that Earth to Body also loves. He chose to write about
Why Avocado Oil Is Amazing
Avocado is a very popular ingredient in the amazing Earth to Body products. It is used in creamy products like Zinc Oxide and oily products like Spoil Me Body Oil. Some people extract the oil from the avocado to add to their Skin Nutrition. They save the rest of the avocado to eat for lunch. Avocado oil is in the Earth To Body lip balms and some of the soaps (Emu Neem, Argan Tamanu, Nori Neem). Did you know that avocado can protect your skin from the sun and dry scalp and dandruff? If you want to extract the oil from an avocado yourself, all you have to do is follow these steps.
1. Peel 12 ripe avocados and take out the pit with a knife.
2. Blend them on the puree setting until they turn into a paste.
3. Put the mixture in a pan or pot on medium heat while stirring every five minutes. It should start to boil and the oil should rise to the top.
4. Turn the stove off when the avocado blend goes from light green to dark green, brown.
6. Pour the blend into a bowl and then put thin cheesecloth on top. Turn the bowl upside-down and bring the corners of the cloth up while removing the bowl until you have a sack of the avocado blend.
7. Squeeze the sack over a bowl so the oil is getting strained. Pour your bowl of oil into a jar.
My whole family is a big fan of avocados and guacamole because it is a delicious and amazing fruit that contains vitamin A, E, K, B1, B2 and B6. An avocado is surprisingly 30% oil. I hope you like the astonishing avocado oil that holds healing powers and can be used as an ingredient for products and food dishes. I want to be a chef when I am older so I cook a lot. Every once in awhile I make sushi with fish, cucumber and avocado.
by Eli, the surfer, age 11
"Thank you, Eli. We also love your artwork of the avocado. The next time you blend the avocado and cucumber for your sushi, please save a little for me. It will be a nutritious addition to a clay neem facial." Earth to Body